Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mom Died!

It was five years ago today.

She died a holy death. Her last words were,
"God help me!"
With the scapular around her neck and the family praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy she took her last breaths. There were long breaks between breaths. During this last seconds Dad took the holy oil, anointed her and as she gave up her spirit her last breath was filled with a kiss from Dad.

  • She was a mother to nine children.
  • Matt was in eighth grade and Nancy was still in college.
  • She matched Grandma and died at the age of 59.
  • 2000 showed up to the visitation. The town only has 2700 people in it.

Scripture says by their fruits you will know them. Everyone knows Mom's greatest fruit was children. She thankfully had a quiver full. And her greatest fruit arguably comes after her death. Since Mom died her children have conceived or given birth to 16 children. Miscarriages took three little souls to intercede in heaven. May God bless them and their mothers.

Five years and 16 children. What a blessing Mom has been and continues to be to all of our families.

Eternal rest grant unto her O' Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her. My her soul and the souls of the faithful departed through the Mercy of God rest in peace.

Mom, pray for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

I was touched by this story of your mom. What a wonderful testimony to her!

I would love to send you a copy of my book titled Open My Eyes. It is a story about my mother who, at the time of her death, had wonderful visions of Heaven.

It then tells of my conversion; a beautiful gift of God's mercy!

We prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at my mother's bedside. It is truly a powerful prayer!

Where can I send the book?

God bless you always,
Kathy

www.treasuresofgracellc.com

John Michael said...

Kathy,

Very impressive website. I emailed you the information.

Thank you and God bless.

John Michael